Monday, November 16, 2009

Mozilla shows Yahoo and Facebook oddly?

Hello!


So about one week ago, I started having problems with Mozilla. Yahoo is my home page. I loved the four tabs on the top "featured, entertainment, sports, video." Normally, if I clicked on one tab, it would show me four stories under that category. Now, however, it simply goes to the Yahoo Sports page or entertainment page and doesn't let me look the other stories first. Also, sometimes my Facebook profile loads practically in HTML form, and not in the nice layout usually seen.





I have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, checked for updates, and uninstalled my last add-on. McAfee and my spyware programs say there are no issues. What's wrong?

Mozilla shows Yahoo and Facebook oddly?
I live and breath Firefox. Do you have the extension add block plus installed? Sometimes that causes pages to look different.


Crap, I know what your problem is now. You need to add an update to Firefox for windows media player. Try installing the update, it's not a normal update so it won't do it through the normal way.


Just save and open, you should be fine. Here is the link.





I say this because many of the stories are video related, which may not be showing up. Just try it, it can't hurt your Firefox any.
Reply:That's an odd problem. I've never had that happen and I've been using Mozilla/firefox for quite a while now. Have you tried emptying your computers Temp Internet files, cookies, and cache?





Goto Tools%26gt;Options%26gt;Privacy Tab%26gt;Clear Now at the bottom. Check everything except for your saved passwords box. See if that clears up your problem. Remember to restart Firefox.





Good luck!

hosting services

No comments:

Post a Comment